Business Management, University 1st and 2nd Year (Level 4 and 5)
The online Level 4 and 5 'Business Management’ Extended Diploma is equivalent to the first and second year of an undergraduate university degree. With the option to take either a single level or both combined, in total, this 240 credit course has 10 modules for each level, each with a written assignment.
- • Course Duration: 700 - 1800 hours
- • Start Date: Flexible as per the students requirements.
- • Application Deadline: Flexible as per the students requirements.
- • Mode of Delivery: Online
- • Study Type: Full or Part-Time
- • Tuition Fees: £1,599 (for one level) - £1,995 (for both levels)
The Business Management Extended Diploma is a quick and convenient way for students to reach their final year of a Business Management Undergraduate Degree - online and at their own pace. Providing them with the 240 credits they need, the level 4 and Level 5 (Extended Diploma) are equivalent to the first and second years of an undergraduate degree.
On completion of this course, students will have the credits they need to pursue further education and complete their undergraduate degree. Alternatively, graduates will have the qualifications and skills they need to enter straight into the world of work and take on a career in marketing, accounting, human resource management, or business consultancy.
This is a 240 credit diploma (120 credits per level), and for each level, our students must complete 10 modules. Each module comes with approximately 40 guided learning hours, which include personal tutor support, webinars, and all required materials. All of these components help our learners to complete the written assignments that accompany each module - and which are assessed by our expert lecturers.
Course RequirementsFor Level 4:
• You must be at least 18 years old.
• You must have completed your secondary school education.
For Level 5:
• In addition to the above, you must also have completed Level 4 or equivalent.
Course Fees: How to Pay & What’s Included
- • Tuition Fee: £1,599 (for one level) - £1,995 (for both levels)
- • Payment Plan: This fee can be paid in one payment or interest-free monthly instalments.
- • Payment Methods: At TWC, we accept any of the following payment methods - Credit or debit card, Bank transfer, Paypal, or Western Union.
- • Included in the Fee: All course materials, personal tutor support, live online classes, assignment marking and feedback, exams, and upon completion of the course, career support - including CV workshops.
Level 4 Modules & Assignments
Level 4 is made up of 10 core modules (as listed below). For each module, you must complete a written assignment, each of which is approximately 5000 - 8000 words long.
- • Developing Personal Skills:
Focussing on decision making, communication, and leadership, this module teaches the critical personal skills needed in the business world.
- • Effective Communication:
Grasping a range of communication techniques, the key to effective operations, teamwork, and commercial purposes.
- •The Business Environment:
Exploring economics, competition, and international dimensions - to evaluate the external factors that can affect a business.
- • The Marketing Mix:
Understanding what the marketing mix is and how to use it most effectively within the process of business planning.
- • Strategic HRM:
Looking at the value of employees as an asset to a company and how to ensure you are recruiting the correct ones.
- • Managing Ethically:
Exploring the different ways in which businesses can manage and developing an understanding of how to take the most ethical approach.
- • Culture and the Organisation:
Defining culture with specific organisations and underpinning its importance in the workplace.
- • Customers and Customer Service:
Examining the relationship of the customer to a business and the importance of customer service.
- • Fundamentals of Accounting:
Learning how to understand accounts and the fundamental insight they give into an organisation.
- • Financial Management and Control:
Evaluating different approaches to financial decision making to understand how to manage company finances.
Level 5 Modules & Assignments
Level 5 is made up of 10 core modules (as listed below). For each module, you must complete a written assignment, each of which is approximately 5000 - 8000 words long:
- • The Entrepreneurial Manager:
Covering the basics of what it means to be an entrepreneur and the skills and qualities it takes to be one.
- • Organisation Structures:
Looking at the different models and theories that make up the organisational structure, including how they differ between businesses.
- • Practical Accounting Analysis:
Understanding what accounts tell us and the action that analysis can create.
- • Business Planning and Goal Setting:
Teaching the importance of goals and objectives to a business’ success.
- • Politics and Business:
Educating learners on the impact of politics in business, including economic impact, exports, and government support.
- • Business Law:
Looking into the legalities of business’ and their executives by exploring the statutory responsibilities of managers.
- • Managing in Today’s World:
Focusing specifically on business in the modern world and looking at governance and equality as a means to do right in business.
- • Performance Management:
Developing an understanding of the relationship between a business and its employees by reviewing reward structures, CPD, training, and development.
- • Marketing and Sales Planning:
Analysing how to cohesively bring markets, customers, competitors, and products together.
- • Quantitative Skills:
Gaining a more in-depth knowledge of numeric exercises and their advanced use within business.
Further Study Opportunities
On completion of this course, successful students will have the credits they need to apply for admission to a range of top UK universities, including:
- • Northampton University:
BA (Hons) in Business and Management (Top-up), and BSc (Hons) in International Accounting (Top-up).
- • University of Derby:
Undergraduate Top up to BA.
- • Edinburgh Napier University:
BA in Business Management (Top-Up), BA in Business and Enterprise (Top-Up), and BA in Sales Management (Top-Up).
- • University of Worcester:
BA (Hons) Business Administration Final Year (Top-up)
- • University of Bolton:
BA (Hons) Top-up
- • Buckinghamshire New University:
BA (Hons) Top-up
- • Coventry University:
BA (Hons) Top-up – the progression from ATHE Level 5 Extended Diploma in Management.
Both UK and EU students could be eligible for student loans for the top-up portion of their studies. For more information, please visit www.slc.co.uk for more details. For more information about course details (i.e. online or on-campus), course fees, and European university options, please get in touch with a member of the team.
Completion of the ‘Business Management’ diploma, will leave graduating students with new skills and qualifications that will advance their career - especially if they are looking to enter into the field of management. If students then choose to progress to University level, completion of the final year of an accompanying accredited undergraduate degree will give them all the credentials and confidence they need to pursue and succeed in a career in marketing, accounting, human resources, management, or business consultancy.